Time Out London 3.0 gets new design, features
Time Out London was an app that, at one point, almost every Londoner had on his or her iPhone. It was first introduced in 2008, but as the years went by, it never received any design or major feature upgrades. It also integrated less and less with Time Out's massive things-to-do database and became more and more bug-ridden. But that's all changed as of today with the release of Time Out London 3.0.
The app has been completely redesigned with a new, flatter -- and more fluid -- interface, a new navigation system and even a new icon to signify the breadth of the changes to the app. The UI design cues are heavily influenced by Time Out London's iPad app, which was released last summer right before the Olympics, but it works very well on the smaller screen. The flat design will also fit perfectly in the new flat world that is iOS 7.
For a complete rundown of all the changes, check out the release notes below. Time Out London is a free download.
What's New in Version 3
Complete redesign and rebuild!
An entirely new experience to help you make the most of your city:
- 'Editor's picks': Discover the London's best events, bars, restaurants and things to do, as recommended by Time Out editors
- Shortcuts to instant inspiration from the homescreen. Suggestions change throughout the day so you get what's most relevant for right now
- 'Find': Browse our entire database for inspiration, for planning right now or later. View your results on a map.
- Use the digital version of your Time Out Card
- Book restaurants without leaving the app
- 'Most popular': Find out what's hot in London
- 'History': Check back to see previously viewed items
- 'Favourites': Save items for later
- Switch to other cities to see recommendations from our teams in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Barcelona and Mexico.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free