BBC iPlayer for iOS updated with AirPlay for downloads, improved search
Our big sister site Engadget is reporting today that the BBC iPlayer for iOS received a big update that will make it easier to watch your favorite shows even when your internet connection is on the fritz.
The app update is limited to the UK version of the BBC iPlayer, but now supports AirPlay streaming of downloaded shows. If you've captured your favorite episodes of EastEnders or Doctor Who to your iOS device, you can blast 'em to your big screen via Apple TV even if your internet connection is down.
BBC iPlayer now has improved searching as well. Search responses are grouped by series, and iPad users now have a dedicated search section. If you're a UK user, get the update now through the link above.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options