BitTorrent Sync lands on iOS, allows you to securely sync files between devices
Moving big files from one device to another is no easy task, especially when mobile devices are involved. BitTorrent aims to make the process of sharing large files a bit easier by bringing BitTorrent Sync to the iPhone and iPad.
BitTorrent Sync uses a peer-to-peer protocol to sync your files. Rather than using a cloud server as an intermediary storage space, BitTorrent Sync sends your files chunk by chunk from one device to another. It works over a mobile connection as well as within your own internal LAN. The service also encrypts your files with an AES cypher and a 256-bit key that's unique to each and every folder you sync. Best of all, BitTorrent Sync doesn't cap your usage or surprise you with hidden fees.
You can download the BitTorrent Sync app from the iOS App Store for free.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter