Mailbox iOS email client updated with cloud search
The popular Gmail email client for iOS, Mailbox, has been updated to allow for cloud searching through messages. The new feature in the version 1.5 update means users no longer have to have their emails downloaded to their device to search -- something that is incredibly handy if you have years' worth of emails.
In addition to cloud-search capabilities, Mailbox 1.5 lets you set a unique signature for each email account in the app. That means if you have, for example, three Gmail accounts (Mailbox allows up to five), you can have a unique signature for each that's automatically applied.
Mailbox was purchased by Dropbox last March and the company has been making rapid improvements ever since. A few weeks ago, Dropbox announced a free 1 GB of Dropbox storage when users sync Mailbox to their Dropbox account.
Mailbox is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync