Doctape file viewer launches for iOS
Now that Dropbox and a million other cloud storage utilities have put virtually any file type we want within reach of our iOS devices there's just one problem left to solve: How do you open up uncommon file types? To quote late night television "there has to be a better way." Cloud storage company Doctape agrees and has launched a new app called Doctape Viewer to help out with just this very problem.
Doctape Viewer is a cloud based file conversion engine that allows you to import a file from your cloud storage destination of choice for viewing, regardless of it's file type. Users do not have to have Doctape's own cloud storage service to use Viewer, though obviously this app is designed to help raise the companies profile. With 80 different file types supported by Viewer it's obviously going to do just that.
Doctape Viewer can open the following:
• Adobe PDF files (PDF) with gallery view, bookmark & annotation support
• Microsoft Office files (Word DOC/DOCX, Excel XLS/XLSX, Powerpoint PPT/PPTM/PPTX)
• Libre Office & Open Office files (ODT, ODT, SXW, STW)
• Text-files (RTF, TXT, CSV)
• Audio files (MP3, M4A, AACF, AIFF, WAV, ALAC)
• Video files (MP4, MOV, MPV, M4V, 3GP) IMAGES
• Image & vector files (JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP, AI, NEF, ARF)
• Adobe Photoshop files (PSD)
Now that Dropbox and a million other cloud storage utilities have put virtually any file type we want within reach of our iOS devices there's just one problem left to solve: How do you open up uncommon file types?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free