Five apps to end your summer in style
It's Labor Day weekend -- the last big summer holiday before it's back to the grindstone of school and work. Here are five apps to help you recreate in these waning days of summer.
Oh Ranger! Parkfinder [iPhone; Free]
Plug in your location and find nearby local, state and national parks. Filter by activity to find public places with your favorite activities.
History Here [iPhone; Free]
Whether you are visiting a new area or spending time at home, fire up the History Here app to get facts, photos and maps of nearby historic locations.
Jetpac [iPad; Free]
Share the photos of your trip and view photos of your friend's vacations using this wonderful slideshow app that pulls its content from Facebook. Create a travel bucket list from these photos and plan your next trip.
Postagram Postcards [iPhone; Free]
Mail vacation postcards the easy way using your iPhone. You get two free postcards for signing up, and any additional postcards are available for a small fee.
SnappyCam Pro [iPhone; US$0.99]
SnappyCam Pro is one of the best photography apps for capturing action photos in rapid succession. Snap that perfect shot as you tube on the lake, dive into the water or reach to snag that ball before it goes over the fence.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free