Apple announces Sept. 10 special event
The Loop confirms that Apple will hold a special press event at its Cupertino headquarters on September 10, 2013. The festivities will begin at 10:00 AM PT. It's expected that Apple will introduce a new iPhone at the event.
The timing is interesting, as the Intel Developer Forum, 360:iDev, Mobile Future Forward and TechCrunch Disrupt events are all scheduled for Sept. 10 as well. Expect a few stories about Apple buzz overshadowing the others.
As for what to expect, we're betting on a new iPhone (note that Jim used the singular when he said a "new iPhone is expected"). There's been lots of chatter about a less-expensive, plastic-shelled model, but we have no solid intel on such a beast.
Finally, the cute, colored dots on the invite certainly resemble iOS 7's default wallpaper, so expect a bit on Apple's latest mobile operating system. We'll see you then.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)