Apple announces Sept. 10 special event
The Loop confirms that Apple will hold a special press event at its Cupertino headquarters on September 10, 2013. The festivities will begin at 10:00 AM PT. It's expected that Apple will introduce a new iPhone at the event.
The timing is interesting, as the Intel Developer Forum, 360:iDev, Mobile Future Forward and TechCrunch Disrupt events are all scheduled for Sept. 10 as well. Expect a few stories about Apple buzz overshadowing the others.
As for what to expect, we're betting on a new iPhone (note that Jim used the singular when he said a "new iPhone is expected"). There's been lots of chatter about a less-expensive, plastic-shelled model, but we have no solid intel on such a beast.
Finally, the cute, colored dots on the invite certainly resemble iOS 7's default wallpaper, so expect a bit on Apple's latest mobile operating system. We'll see you then.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app