Shazam updated with speed improvements and improved song-recognition ability
Shazam -- everyone's favorite music-recognition app for iPhone -- was updated this past Monday with several notable enhancements.
Version 6.2 lets Twitter users preview songs from within Twitter when originally tweeted out from the app. Even better, the updated app now provides improved song recognition when operating in noisy environments.
The full changelog reads:
○ Much faster recognition, especially on the iPhone 4 and 3GS.
○ Better recognition in difficult environments.
○ Now when you tweet, your followers can play previews right in Twitter through our Twitter Card.
○ Explore charts are more dynamic, showing you what's hot in the last seven days.
○ New TV experiences (US only).
Shazam was an impressive app right from the beginning and it continues to improve. If you haven't yet experienced the magic that is Shazam, it's available as a free download from the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free