Apple sends out invites for Chinese media event on September 11
For the first time ever, Apple will be holding a special media event in Beijing, China on September 11, reports Engadget Chinese. The company sent invites to Chinese press early this morning that feature the same artwork as those sent to American press yesterday.
The Chinese media event is significant for multiple reasons. It shows just how seriously Apple is taking China. It's the only other country in Apple's history that has hosted a company media event. It also strongly suggests that not only will the new iPhones launch in China on or very close to the time they launch in the US, but it's likely that Apple has news regarding a China Mobile carrier deal. If so, expect that news to be received as well or better than new iPhone news, as China Mobile is the world's largest carrier with 700 million subscribers.
The Apple media event in China begins at 9 AM Beijing time on September 11.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter