Adobe announces Photoshop CC and Lightroom plan for $9.99/month
At the Photoshop World conference in Las Vegas yesterday, Adobe announced a new special subscription price for those that sign up for a Photoshop CC and Lightroom plan before December 31. The new subscription plan is for current owners of Photoshop CS3 or higher and offers the latest versions of Photoshop CC and Lightroom, 20 GB of online storage and a membership to Adobe's Behance portfolio website all for just US$9.99 a month.
In a blog post, Adobe explained the reasoning behind the move:
Since introducing Photoshop CC, we've listened to feedback from a spectrum of our customers, from advanced professionals to casual enthusiasts. One common request was a solution specifically tailored for photographers. We listened, and at Photoshop World we're announcing a special offer for our loyal Photoshop customers. Beginning today, customers who own Photoshop CS3 or higher are eligible for a special Creative Cloud membership offer that includes all of the following for just $9.99/month.
Currently, a Photoshop Creative Cloud membership for new users is $19.99 per month and that doesn't include Lightroom, so the two flagship apps for $9.99 a month is quite a good deal (if you don't mind subscriptions). Though the offer is not yet live, Adobe says it will launch in the next few weeks when it rolls out the Lightroom 5.2 update.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update