Marvel bringing Iron Man's JARVIS to iPhone
On September 10, Marvel will release a JARVIS app for iPhone. JARVIS is the AI assistant Tony Stark uses in the Iron Man movies (voiced by Paul Bettany in the films) and the app is being released to celebrate the release of Iron Man 3 on home video. The JARVIS app is a second-screen app that allows the user to control the menus on the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray, browse 42 sets of Iron Man armor and watch other exclusive content.
However, the app does have other functions as well. JARVIS will act as a mini-Siri, allowing you to use Tony Stark's personal AI as you own. Here's what Marvel says you can expect:
-Like Tony Stark, users can engage JARVIS through voice-activated commands.
-Receive messages from JARVIS, download ringtones, post to Facebook and more.
-Check time and local weather as well as set alarms through the integrated Clock mode.
-Initiate media delivered in messages, including video, audio, image, ringtone or website.
-Install unique ringtones.
-Unlock 42 unique Iron Man suits (plus additional "Ghost" file).
-When connected to the same network as the Blu-ray player, JARVIS will function as the Blu-ray remote control, or the user can simply "say what you see" and the app will do the rest.
There's no word yet if JARVIS will actually speak back to you (and if so, if its voiced by Paul Bettany) or if it communicates with you via text prompts. Either way the app is sure to be a hit with fans of the movies.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync