Apple asking devs to submit iOS 7-compatible app updates before September 18 launch
Apple has begun sending out emails to developers urging them to submit their iOS 7-compatible apps today in order to get them approved before iOS 7 launches to the public on September 18. iOS 7 will feature the biggest changes to the iPhone's operating system since it launched more than six years ago. Besides the completely revamped UI, there are over 1,500 new APIs and features for developers to take advantage of.
The company has also published a guide for developers who wish to take advantage of the new features the iPhone 5s will offer, including programming for the 64-bit A7 chip, optimizing graphics for OpenGL ES 3.0, and taking advantage of the M7 motion coprocessor and new CoreMotion APIs.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options