Apple debuts the colorful iPhone 5c
The phone appears strikingly different from the standard iPhone 5 in that it has zero body breaks whatsoever. The phone is made of "hard-coated polycarbonate" and features much of what we've come to love about the iPhone 5, including the 4-inch Retina display, along with a battery that is slightly larger than that of the current iPhone 5.
The 5c is powered by the A6 processor and includes an 8-megapixel camera as well as new FaceTime video technology that is designed to work better in low light than the current setup.
The phone will be offered in five colors (blue, pink, yellow, white and green) starting at US$99 on a two-year contract for the 16GB model and $199 for the 32GB version. No word yet on contract-free pricing. The phone will be on sale on September 20 and will be available for preorder on September 13.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter