Apple still offering the iPhone 4 in China
With the introduction of the iPhone 5c and 5s, Apple killed off the iPhone 5 and 4 in most places, instead choosing to keep the iPhone 4S around.
However, the iPhone 4 isn't quite dead yet, as the company will continue to offer it in China, reports MacRumors. This is in line with what KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicted earlier this year when he said Apple would keep the iPhone 4 on sale in China.
As the largest smartphone market on the planet, the ability to sell an iPhone model at the lowest price possible is paramount to Apple. With the continuation of sales of the iPhone 4 in the country, they can offer Chinese customers an iPhone for RMB 2588, or US$423, without contract. The iPhone 5c costs the equivalent of $700 in China.
The iPhone 4 model that continues to be sold in China is the 8 GB version and is sold in black or white.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature