Apple still offering the iPhone 4 in China
With the introduction of the iPhone 5c and 5s, Apple killed off the iPhone 5 and 4 in most places, instead choosing to keep the iPhone 4S around.
However, the iPhone 4 isn't quite dead yet, as the company will continue to offer it in China, reports MacRumors. This is in line with what KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicted earlier this year when he said Apple would keep the iPhone 4 on sale in China.
As the largest smartphone market on the planet, the ability to sell an iPhone model at the lowest price possible is paramount to Apple. With the continuation of sales of the iPhone 4 in the country, they can offer Chinese customers an iPhone for RMB 2588, or US$423, without contract. The iPhone 5c costs the equivalent of $700 in China.
The iPhone 4 model that continues to be sold in China is the 8 GB version and is sold in black or white.
With the introduction of the iPhone 5c and 5s, Apple killed off the iPhone 5 and 4 in most places, instead choosing to keep the iPhone 4S...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free