Infinity Blade III to launch on September 18
The game chosen to show off the processing power of the new iPhone 5s today was none other than one of the most anticipated sequels on iOS yet: Infinity Blade III. Donald Mustard, co-founder of Chair, which is owned by Epic Games, took to the stage to show off the third and final installment of the popular series.
Fans are in for a special treat as Infinity Blade III will feature eight separate worlds, each as big as the entire original game. For the first time ever, fans will also be able to play as two characters: Siris or Isa. The game will also feature a "massively social" co-op mode.
Infinity Blade III will launch on Wednesday, September 18 and cost US$6.99. And though the game has been optimized to run best on the iPhone 5s, it will support other iOS devices including the iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini and fourth- and fifth-generation iPod touch.
Headline amended to clarify that the app is launching on 9/18 while the new iPhones arrive 9/20.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature