NTT DoCoMo gets new iPhones on September 20
NTT DoCoMo, the largest mobile carrier in Japan, will be carrying the iPhone 5s and 5c starting on September 20. The company had been an iPhone holdout, as it likes to load phones with a variety of "home-built" apps. Apparently the company has finally decided to knuckle under to Apple's pressure.
Kaoru Kato, president and CEO of NTT DoCoMo, was quoted as saying, "We're thrilled to offer the incredible new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c to our customers. We know our customers will enjoy the amazing experience of iPhone on DoCoMo's high-quality network."
Apple's press release for this news notes that "Beginning on Friday, September 13, customers can pre-order iPhone 5c at DoCoMo dealers and the first 30,000 DoCoMo Premier Club Premier Stage customers can pre-order from DoCoMo website."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service