NTT DoCoMo gets new iPhones on September 20
NTT DoCoMo, the largest mobile carrier in Japan, will be carrying the iPhone 5s and 5c starting on September 20. The company had been an iPhone holdout, as it likes to load phones with a variety of "home-built" apps. Apparently the company has finally decided to knuckle under to Apple's pressure.
Kaoru Kato, president and CEO of NTT DoCoMo, was quoted as saying, "We're thrilled to offer the incredible new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c to our customers. We know our customers will enjoy the amazing experience of iPhone on DoCoMo's high-quality network."
Apple's press release for this news notes that "Beginning on Friday, September 13, customers can pre-order iPhone 5c at DoCoMo dealers and the first 30,000 DoCoMo Premier Club Premier Stage customers can pre-order from DoCoMo website."
NTT DoCoMo, the largest mobile carrier in Japan, will be carrying the iPhone 5s and 5c starting on September 20. The company had been an...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype