Yahoo launches Yahoo Screen media hub app
Yahoo has announced a new app called Yahoo Screen, which acts as a hub for all of the company's media content. The app is the latest in the line of mobile app initiatives at the company as it seeks to redefine its image and up its offerings.
With Yahoo Screen, users can watch any of Yahoo!'s media from one central location. The app also features a pretty cool gesture-based control that allows you to change channels by swiping up or down and to go from one show's episode to the next by swiping left or right.
Yahoo Screen isn't just for Yahoo's content either. The company has partnered with Viacom to bring clips from some of its shows to the app, starting with The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Some full shows are also available, including Ghost Girls and Losing It With John Stamos. As for Yahoo's video content, users can expect to find video from Major League Baseball, UFC, The Onion, Martha Stewart and more.
Yahoo Screen is a free download.
Yahoo has announced a new app called Yahoo Screen, which acts as a hub for all of the company's media content. The app is the latest in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free