Chrome for iOS updated with enhanced search options including pronoun support for voice
The last time Google updated Chrome for iOS, users got the ability to open links to YouTube and Maps directly in their respective apps instead of in the browser. Now the little browser that could has just received its latest upgrade, bringing with it new enhanced search options. These new search features are a welcome addition for regular Chrome for iOS users:
- Do a search and click a result. Not what you wanted? Now when you hit the back arrow, your search results instantly reappear, ready for you to choose the next link.
- Improvements to Single Sign On with other Google Apps.
- View your data savings in Bandwidth Management Settings. This feature is being rolled out and will be available to all users over time.
- Voice search pronoun support. Try queries like: "Who is the president of the United States?" followed by "Who is his wife?"
The Chrome for iOS update is available for free on the iTunes store, and as always it will appear in Software Updates for those who currently own the app.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter