Who said the iPhone 5c was meant to be cheap?
iMore's Peter Cohen took down the complaints about the iPhone 5c's price before I got to publish my own thoughts on the matter. Go and read it.
Still, I will say this: Why are people chiding Apple because the iPhone 5c "isn't cheap" and "won't benefit emerging markets"? Did Apple ever say, "The iPhone 5c will be inexpensive and is meant for lower-income customers in emerging markets"? No. Did bloggers and analysts invent this motivation and business plan WEEKS before the press event? Yes. So now they're berating Apple for not adhering to a business plan it never adopted. Awesome.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)