Angry Birds Star Wars II hits the App Store
Lost in all the noise about the iOS 7 launch was the fact that some pretty big games were released today, including Infinity Blade III and the latest in Rovio's beloved Angry Birds series: Angry Birds Star Wars II.
In the sequel to the original Angry Birds Star Wars, this time around gamers play through levels inspired by the Star Wars prequels Episodes 1-3. However, unlike the first Angry Birds Star Wars, this time players have the option of being a baddy:
The Force is strong with this one. Get ready for Angry Birds Star Wars II – the epic follow-up to the #1 smash hit game! Based on the Star Wars movie prequels, use the Force for good against the greedy Pork Federation or choose a much darker path. That's right; for the first time ever you can "Join the Pork Side" and play as the fearsome Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine and many other favorites!
Besides being able to play the big bads listed above, players will actually be able to play more than 30 Star Wars characters including Yoda, pod-racing Anakin, Mace Windu and Jango Fett. Additionally, this time around you can swap which characters are in the slingshot out at any time, so you have a choice in the order you launch them in.
Angry Birds Star Wars II is a universal app for US$0.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows