Apple increases size limit for cellular downloads to 100 MB
Coupled with the release of iOS 7, MacRumors tips us off to the fact that Apple has quietly increased the size limit for apps (and other types of media files) users can download via a cellular connection. Now, users can use their cellular connection to download files that are as large as 100 MB. The previous size limit was 50 MB, a threshold that was frustrating given that many individual podcast episodes, for example, often check in at slightly more than 50 MB.
Given that countless developers are now intent on rolling out iOS 7-inspired app updates, the timing of the size increase is likely not a coincidence.
Coupled with the release of iOS 7, MacRumors tips us off to the fact that Apple has quietly increased the size limit for apps (and other...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update