Apple increases size limit for cellular downloads to 100 MB
Coupled with the release of iOS 7, MacRumors tips us off to the fact that Apple has quietly increased the size limit for apps (and other types of media files) users can download via a cellular connection. Now, users can use their cellular connection to download files that are as large as 100 MB. The previous size limit was 50 MB, a threshold that was frustrating given that many individual podcast episodes, for example, often check in at slightly more than 50 MB.
Given that countless developers are now intent on rolling out iOS 7-inspired app updates, the timing of the size increase is likely not a coincidence.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration