Apple increases size limit for cellular downloads to 100 MB
Coupled with the release of iOS 7, MacRumors tips us off to the fact that Apple has quietly increased the size limit for apps (and other types of media files) users can download via a cellular connection. Now, users can use their cellular connection to download files that are as large as 100 MB. The previous size limit was 50 MB, a threshold that was frustrating given that many individual podcast episodes, for example, often check in at slightly more than 50 MB.
Given that countless developers are now intent on rolling out iOS 7-inspired app updates, the timing of the size increase is likely not a coincidence.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter