Apple issues internal alert for iPhone activation server problems
If you're having problems with anything related to Apple's servers today, it shouldn't be much of a surprise. There are almost 700 million iOS devices in the world, and judging by the slow iOS 7 download times, it seems like all of them are trying to update their devices at the same time. If you've already managed to download iOS 7, then this news probably doesn't matter, but if you're still trying, take heart: Apple is officially on the case.
As noted by AppleInsider, Apple has issued an internal high-priority alert, known as a P1, to its employees that many users are experiencing server issues that, among other things, are preventing them from activating their iPhones. While that internal alert might not calm your frustrations about getting your hands on iOS 7, it does signify that Apple is keenly aware of the issue and is working to resolve it as fast as possible.
As for the iOS 8 release next year, may I suggest that Apple open another data center to handle the downloads?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync