Apple releases Chrome and Firefox extensions for Windows for iCloud bookmark syncing
Apple has quietly released extensions for the Chrome and Firefox desktop browsers for Windows. The extensions allow Windows users to sync their Safari iOS bookmarks across the two browsers. Prior to the Firefox and Chrome extension release, iOS Safari bookmark syncing was limited to Windows Explorer via the iCloud Control Panel 2.1.2 for Windows app.
Users can download the Chrome extension from Google's Chrome web store. According to its release notes:
Keep your Chrome bookmarks up to date with the Safari bookmarks on your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
iCloud stores your website bookmarks, so they are everywhere you go -- on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and PC. So when it comes to your devices, you can switch things up without mixing things up.
Note: iCloud Bookmarks extension for Chrome is for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Similarly, users can download the Firefox extension from Mozilla's Add-Ons site. Its release notes read:
Keep your Firefox bookmarks on Windows up to date with your Safari bookmarks on iPhone, iPad and Mac with the iCloud Bookmarks extension for Firefox.
Unfortunately, it looks like these extensions are Windows-only for the moment and will not work on Chrome or Firefox for the Mac.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update