Apple releases Chrome and Firefox extensions for Windows for iCloud bookmark syncing
Apple has quietly released extensions for the Chrome and Firefox desktop browsers for Windows. The extensions allow Windows users to sync their Safari iOS bookmarks across the two browsers. Prior to the Firefox and Chrome extension release, iOS Safari bookmark syncing was limited to Windows Explorer via the iCloud Control Panel 2.1.2 for Windows app.
Users can download the Chrome extension from Google's Chrome web store. According to its release notes:
Keep your Chrome bookmarks up to date with the Safari bookmarks on your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
iCloud stores your website bookmarks, so they are everywhere you go -- on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and PC. So when it comes to your devices, you can switch things up without mixing things up.
Note: iCloud Bookmarks extension for Chrome is for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Similarly, users can download the Firefox extension from Mozilla's Add-Ons site. Its release notes read:
Keep your Firefox bookmarks on Windows up to date with your Safari bookmarks on iPhone, iPad and Mac with the iCloud Bookmarks extension for Firefox.
Unfortunately, it looks like these extensions are Windows-only for the moment and will not work on Chrome or Firefox for the Mac.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter