Barnes & Noble warns iOS 7 users of potential Nook incompatibilities
Barnes & Noble has sent an email to users of the Nook iOS app warning them that they could experience incompatibility issues between the current app and iOS 7, reports AppAdvice. The company cites two issues to watch out for:
- If you rotate the screen while reading, it may cause the page to render incorrectly or may cause the app to crash. To prevent this, we suggest locking the rotation while reading.
- If you sign out of your app and then sign in again, the app may crash or you may have trouble accessing your Library.
The company says that not all users will experience these issues, and that it's working to release a fix as soon as possible. If you're a Nook fan, this is pretty depressing news as the company has had months to work out any bugs with its iOS app and iOS 7. Meanwhile, its main competitor Amazon has already released a fully iOS 7-ready Kindle app.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs