Pandora updates iOS app, tweaks branding a bit
With the general release of iOS 7 today, many iPhone and iPad users are going to get their first taste of iTunes Radio, Apple's new streaming-radio service. Not to be outdone, Pandora today released a flurry of updates meant to give the current leading streaming service a fresh look and new features.
The Pandora app (universal, free with in-app purchases available) has been updated to version 5.0, bringing with it a new look that is -- unsurprisingly -- in touch with iOS 7's design sensibilities. There's even a new logo on the app. Running the app on the iPad provides much more information now, bringing the version to parity with the iPhone app released almost a year ago. Artist pages, lyrics and additional information are now available on the iPad.
Pandora now has a new tagline, which doesn't do anything to improve the service, but sure sounds great: "Let There Be Music." Like all good product intros, Pandora even provided a video. Since you haven't had your fill of artistically produced advertising today, we're providing you with the opportunity to watch this video and feel all warm and fuzzy.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options