Transport Tycoon to hit iOS on October 3
In July, we reported that Chris Sawyer, the man behind popular simulation games such as Transport Tycoon and RollerCoaster Tycoon, was planning on bringing Transport Tycoon to iOS sometime this year.
An official release date, however, was not made available until now.
Fans of the original game, which was initially released in 1994, will be able to play the revamped mobile version on iOS come October 3.
iMore has a nice summary of what folks who have never played the game before can expect:
The game puts you in charge of building up transportation infrastructures between towns and cities, keeping passengers and freight moving to help grease the wheels of commerce. You build bus and truck lines, trams and rail lines, airports and seaports. You'll need to build bridges and dig tunnels -- everything it takes to build a thriving transportation system that successfully brings people, materials and goods to where they need to go.
The gameplay, as you can tell from the video below, is delightfully nostalgic in a '90s video game sorta way.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter