Google Wallet released for the iPhone
Whoa, this one caught our newsroom off-guard: Google has finally brought Google Wallet to iOS, with a version that came out for the iPhone today.
Along with the iOS release, Google has added the ability to send money from within the app. My husband, who uses Google Wallet on his Galaxy Nexus, pointed out that the interface has received an overhaul across the board with this release. You'll also be able to keep track of loyalty programs and receive offers targeted to Google Wallet users. About the only thing iOS users do not have is the ability to use tap-to-pay (obviously for NFC reasons).
Google Wallet is a free download and requires iOS 6 or above.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter