Google Wallet released for the iPhone
Whoa, this one caught our newsroom off-guard: Google has finally brought Google Wallet to iOS, with a version that came out for the iPhone today.
Along with the iOS release, Google has added the ability to send money from within the app. My husband, who uses Google Wallet on his Galaxy Nexus, pointed out that the interface has received an overhaul across the board with this release. You'll also be able to keep track of loyalty programs and receive offers targeted to Google Wallet users. About the only thing iOS users do not have is the ability to use tap-to-pay (obviously for NFC reasons).
Google Wallet is a free download and requires iOS 6 or above.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync