iPhone 5s and 5c sales kickoff worldwide with long lines, October ship dates
The iPhone 5s and 5c went on sale today with people lining up at Apple stores around the world. Lines reportedly were long in Japan, Australia and across Europe. As of the writing of this post, the lines are still forming in the US. Online orders also commenced with ship dates quickly extending out to seven to 10 days as soon as the stores went live.
Though some lampooned the color, one of the more difficult iPhone models to purchase apparently is the gold iPhone 5s. Shortly after it went on sale, ship dates for that color choice slipped to October in the UK, France, Germany, Australia and the US. It is no longer available to order in Hong Kong or Singapore. The chatter from Twitter suggests many stores in Europe do not have the gold model in stock either or have limited supplies.
Inventory of the iPhone 5c appears to be holding up well with the handset still showing a ship date of one to three days worldwide. Pre-orders, which kicked off last week, should land on customers doorsteps today.
The iPhone 5s and 5c went on sale today with people lining up at Apple stores around the world. Lines reportedly were long in Japan,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free