Official PlayStation iOS app to launch in November
Sony announced a November release date for the PlayStation 4 companion app for iOS and Android along with its new console at the Tokyo Game Show 2013, reports Polygon. The PlayStation App will launch on November 15 in the US and November 29 in Europe.
The PlayStation App lets you use your iOS (including the iPad) or Android device as a game controller or use it as a second screen, if that feature is enabled in a particular title. You will be able to download games remotely and the app includes social networking features, such as Twitter and Facebook. In addition, the PS4 will include Twitch support, which is a "live internet-streaming service devoted to video gaming," according to Sony's press release.
Users speculate that the iOS or Android device will connect via WiFi, as it is more stable than Bluetooth, but that information has yet to be made available by Sony.
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) Press Release
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync