Apple adjusts its quarterly earnings outlook on strength of tremendous iPhone sales
In the face of pundits who thought Apple's iPhone success had plateaued, Apple sold a record number of iPhones this past weekend -- 9 million units to be exact.
In fact, Apple's iPhone sales this past weekend were so great that Apple this morning filed a regulatory filing with the SEC slightly tweaking its initial financial forecasts for the quarter.
Apple expects total company revenue for the fourth fiscal quarter to be near the high end of the previously provided range of $34 billion to $37 billion, and expects gross margin to be near the high end of the previously provided range of 36 percent to 37 percent.
Apple's fiscal quarter ends on September 28.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs