Apple launches 'Kids' category on App Store
Apple has quietly launched a new category in the App Store: Kids. First announced at WWDC, the newly launched category features apps curated by Apple's editorial staff, appealing to children of certain age ranges including sections for: "Best for Ages 5 & Under," "Best for Ages 6-8" and "Best for Ages 9-11."
Besides sub-categorizing apps by age range, the Kids section also features games specifically aimed at children aged infant to 11, brands (like Disney) with apps that appeal to children and kid-specific collections like "Create &Play," "Shapes & Colors," "First Words & Numbers" and more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)