Apple launches 'Kids' category on App Store
Apple has quietly launched a new category in the App Store: Kids. First announced at WWDC, the newly launched category features apps curated by Apple's editorial staff, appealing to children of certain age ranges including sections for: "Best for Ages 5 & Under," "Best for Ages 6-8" and "Best for Ages 9-11."
Besides sub-categorizing apps by age range, the Kids section also features games specifically aimed at children aged infant to 11, brands (like Disney) with apps that appeal to children and kid-specific collections like "Create &Play," "Shapes & Colors," "First Words & Numbers" and more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service