Apple launches 'Kids' category on App Store
Apple has quietly launched a new category in the App Store: Kids. First announced at WWDC, the newly launched category features apps curated by Apple's editorial staff, appealing to children of certain age ranges including sections for: "Best for Ages 5 & Under," "Best for Ages 6-8" and "Best for Ages 9-11."
Besides sub-categorizing apps by age range, the Kids section also features games specifically aimed at children aged infant to 11, brands (like Disney) with apps that appeal to children and kid-specific collections like "Create &Play," "Shapes & Colors," "First Words & Numbers" and more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app