iPhone sales go through the roof: 9 million sold this weekend
Apple has just announced it sold 9 million iPhones over the weekend. That is significantly higher than the 5 million iPhone 5's sold in their first weekend of release last year. As expected, Apple did not break down iPhone unit sales by model, so there's no way to know what percentage of that 9 million were iPhone 5s's and iPhone 5c's.
Either way, 9 million iPhones in one weekend almost doubles their previous record and shows there is no sign of waning interest in Apple's flagship devices. AAPL is already up over 4 percent on the news.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options