iPhone sales go through the roof: 9 million sold this weekend
Apple has just announced it sold 9 million iPhones over the weekend. That is significantly higher than the 5 million iPhone 5's sold in their first weekend of release last year. As expected, Apple did not break down iPhone unit sales by model, so there's no way to know what percentage of that 9 million were iPhone 5s's and iPhone 5c's.
Either way, 9 million iPhones in one weekend almost doubles their previous record and shows there is no sign of waning interest in Apple's flagship devices. AAPL is already up over 4 percent on the news.
Apple has just announced it sold 9 million iPhones over the weekend. That is significantly higher than the 5 million iPhone 5's sold in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs