iPhone sales go through the roof: 9 million sold this weekend
Apple has just announced it sold 9 million iPhones over the weekend. That is significantly higher than the 5 million iPhone 5's sold in their first weekend of release last year. As expected, Apple did not break down iPhone unit sales by model, so there's no way to know what percentage of that 9 million were iPhone 5s's and iPhone 5c's.
Either way, 9 million iPhones in one weekend almost doubles their previous record and shows there is no sign of waning interest in Apple's flagship devices. AAPL is already up over 4 percent on the news.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV