iPhone sales go through the roof: 9 million sold this weekend
Apple has just announced it sold 9 million iPhones over the weekend. That is significantly higher than the 5 million iPhone 5's sold in their first weekend of release last year. As expected, Apple did not break down iPhone unit sales by model, so there's no way to know what percentage of that 9 million were iPhone 5s's and iPhone 5c's.
Either way, 9 million iPhones in one weekend almost doubles their previous record and shows there is no sign of waning interest in Apple's flagship devices. AAPL is already up over 4 percent on the news.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration