Over 11 million users tuned into iTunes Radio since launch
All in all, it's a great Monday for Apple. Earlier today, the company announced that it sold 9 million iPhones over the weekend, nearly doubling their previous launch weekend record. And in early morning trading, shares of Apple are up nearly 5 percent.
In keeping the good news train moving along, Apple also mentioned in its press release from this morning that more than 11 million unique iOS 7 listeners have tuned into iTunes Radio, Apple's own take on streaming internet radio.
Over 11 million unique listeners have already tuned in to iTunes Radio since launch with the most listened to song being "Hold On, We're Going Home" by Drake.
Just last week, we reported that Apple has been working with record labels to gain access to their "heat seekers" lists while also looking to hire music programmers with expertise in a wide range of genres.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free