Popular Mac Campfire client Flint lands on iOS
Campfire is a very popular web-based chat and team-collaboration tool from 37Signals that has spawned a number of apps that ease use of the tool on both Mac and mobile devices. Now one of the more popular native clients for Campfire on OS X, Flint, has been released as an iOS app at an introductory price of US$4.99.
Giant Comet's Flint for iOS is a universal app that is at home on an iPhone or an iPad, and it was designed to work with iOS 7. Push notifications can be set up for specific keywords, so if you need to be alerted of team conversations regarding a certain project or person, you'll get pinged through Notification Center.
The app can be set to connect to multiple Campfire accounts or sites, and multiple rooms can be open at the same time. Rather than just seeing user names, avatars for each user appear for instantaneous recognition of your fellow team members. And if you need to provide your team with media from YouTube, Vimeo, CloudApp, Instagram, Flickr or more, that media is previewed inline -- there's no need for a browser to be opened up for viewing.
Fans of Flint for OS X should definitely consider picking up the iOS version while it's available at half-price.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free