Verizon FiOS app now allows some TV viewing on the move
Verizon has released an update to its FiOS Mobile app, which now allows users of Verizon's My FiOS service to watch TV shows over cellular networks, instead of limiting them to WiFi viewing in their homes. As noted in the app's release notes for version 2.0:
What's New in Version 2.0
Access to select Free and Subscription On Demand content from anywhere, as well as the ability to browse the ever-growing Flex View library for great movie deals and exciting new TV programs.
Live streaming TV channels both in and out of your FiOS home
- Select live channels while away from your FiOS home.
- Select live local channels if you are a FiOS customer based in certain locations: NYC, NJ, Philadelphia, DC.
TechCrunch reports that the new cellular TV viewing is limited to only nine channels for now, including BBC America, BBC World News, EPIX, NFL Network (on iPad only), HGTV, DIY, the Tennis Channel and Scripps Networks Interactive channels, Food Network and Travel Channel. In addition to the cellular channels, the updated app also offers a total of 76 in-home channels now, including the newly added support for local affiliates of ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox, as well as Spanish-language channels like UniMas and Univision (in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C only, for now).
FiOS Mobile is a free download, but does require a Verizon FiOS TV subscription.
Verizon has released an update to its FiOS Mobile app, which now allows users of Verizon's My FiOS service to watch TV shows over cellular...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free