Apple release iOS 7.0.2, fixes lock screen bypass bugs
Apple released iOS 7.0.2 and fixed the two lock screen bugs that made headlines earlier this week. One affected Control Center and the other took advantage of an exploit in the emergency dialer. These hacks allowed unauthorized users to access photos, contacts and social-sharing features without entering a passcode. Besides these pretty big bug fixes, the update also brought back the Greek keyboard for passcode entry.
Folks running iOS 7 can download the update over the air by going to Settings > General > Software Update. You can also manually install it by connecting your iPhone or iPad to your computer and launching iTunes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app