Apple release iOS 7.0.2, fixes lock screen bypass bugs
Apple released iOS 7.0.2 and fixed the two lock screen bugs that made headlines earlier this week. One affected Control Center and the other took advantage of an exploit in the emergency dialer. These hacks allowed unauthorized users to access photos, contacts and social-sharing features without entering a passcode. Besides these pretty big bug fixes, the update also brought back the Greek keyboard for passcode entry.
Folks running iOS 7 can download the update over the air by going to Settings > General > Software Update. You can also manually install it by connecting your iPhone or iPad to your computer and launching iTunes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter