Speed testing every iPhone model
The smartphone landscape sure has changed since 2007; back then, the iPhone rocked the smartphone the market. Still, the original iPhone lacked GPS, cut-and-paste, a camera flash and, horror of horrors, it only ran on Edge.
Since then, there have been seven additional iterations of the iPhone, each one slowly, but surely building upon the advancements of its predecessor.
So how do each of the eight distinct iPhone models stack up against one another? Well, as CNET points out, the folks over at EverythingApplePro decided to run a little speed test comparing every iPhone model ever released.
The results aren't all that shocking, but you may be surprised to find out which iPhone models are able to shut down the quickest. Also surprising is that the original iPhone is able to boot up quicker than the iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4. Naturally, the more recent iPhone models run faster than their predecessors, but comparing the models side by side really illustrates the chasm in performance that develops over many releases.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration