Emily Books launches iOS subscription app
Emily Books is an independent e-book publisher that runs its own e-bookstore with a special twist, offering readers a subscription model. For US$13.99 a month, or $159.99 a year, readers are provided with one e-book every month. If you pay all at once, you save around $7.89 a year. Now Emily Books is moving beyond the web and onto your iOS device with a new app, and it's bringing subscriptions with it.
The app is called Emily Books Reader and it mixes the subscription model of its online service with the added content of a digital magazine. Emily Books focuses largely on the works of female authors, with special attention paid to memoirs and transgressive fiction. Emily Books Reader couples each month's subscription selection with essays that deal with the book's subject and a Q&A with the author.
The iOS app subscription is cheaper than the online offering at $9.99 a month, or $99.99 for a whole year. However, unlike the online store, users cannot download a DRM-free EPUB or MOBI copy of the book. You're limited to reading strictly on your iOS device. Users who subscribe online are given free access to the iOS app.
You can find the iOS app in the iTunes store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)