Emily Books launches iOS subscription app
Emily Books is an independent e-book publisher that runs its own e-bookstore with a special twist, offering readers a subscription model. For US$13.99 a month, or $159.99 a year, readers are provided with one e-book every month. If you pay all at once, you save around $7.89 a year. Now Emily Books is moving beyond the web and onto your iOS device with a new app, and it's bringing subscriptions with it.
The app is called Emily Books Reader and it mixes the subscription model of its online service with the added content of a digital magazine. Emily Books focuses largely on the works of female authors, with special attention paid to memoirs and transgressive fiction. Emily Books Reader couples each month's subscription selection with essays that deal with the book's subject and a Q&A with the author.
The iOS app subscription is cheaper than the online offering at $9.99 a month, or $99.99 for a whole year. However, unlike the online store, users cannot download a DRM-free EPUB or MOBI copy of the book. You're limited to reading strictly on your iOS device. Users who subscribe online are given free access to the iOS app.
You can find the iOS app in the iTunes store.
Emily Books is an independent e-book publisher that runs its own e-bookstore with a special twist, offering readers a subscription model....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update