Paper for iPad lets you print physical notebooks of your work
Paper by FiftyThree (free, with in-app purchases) is an incredibly cool sketching/painting app for iPad that provides virtual notebooks into which those with artistic talents can pour their visions. Now FiftyThree has teamed up with Moleskine to let artists create physical books of their work with a tap in the app.
What do these two companies call their collaboration? Book. Pressing the print button in the app lets the artist grab 15 of their favorite digital drawings from Paper and have them printed in a Moleskine notebook that matches the 4:3 ratio of the iPad screen. The Book is printed on "sustainable matte ivory-colored paper" that is accordion-folded into a Moleskine cover of your design, complete with the trademark elastic band.
As demonstrated in the video below, Paper and Book are perfect for creating personal one-of-a-kind gifts or just archiving digital doodles in a very tangible way. Our 2012 review of Paper demonstrates just how unique the app is; now Book brings the art of Paper home.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update