Netflix 5.0 for iOS adds AirPlay streaming and HD video for iOS 7
Netflix has released version 5.0 of its iOS app that adds some much-requested features... if you have iOS 7. The first feature is HD video. Customers can now watch HD video just like Android users have been doing for months.
But the biggest new feature is AirPlay streaming. Now users don't have to rely on AirPlay mirroring to watch Netflix videos on their Apple TV (or the actual Apple TV Netflix app). Users can simply use Netflix on the iPhone or iPad to select a movie and watch it on their Apple TV. This means they don't need to keep the Netflix app open on their iOS device like they would have to with AirPlay mirroring.
Both the HD video and Airplay streaming require iOS 7. Netflix is a free download.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter