Netflix 5.0 for iOS adds AirPlay streaming and HD video for iOS 7
Netflix has released version 5.0 of its iOS app that adds some much-requested features... if you have iOS 7. The first feature is HD video. Customers can now watch HD video just like Android users have been doing for months.
But the biggest new feature is AirPlay streaming. Now users don't have to rely on AirPlay mirroring to watch Netflix videos on their Apple TV (or the actual Apple TV Netflix app). Users can simply use Netflix on the iPhone or iPad to select a movie and watch it on their Apple TV. This means they don't need to keep the Netflix app open on their iOS device like they would have to with AirPlay mirroring.
Both the HD video and Airplay streaming require iOS 7. Netflix is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync