Original Plants vs. Zombies finally gets 4-inch screen support
The original Plants vs. Zombies -- one of the most popular iOS game of the last few years-- has finally received 4-inch screen support so it runs at native resolution on the iPhone 5, 5s, 5c and newest iPod touch. As MacRumors points out, in May of this year, Apple began requiring all apps to support the 4-inch display on the iPhone 5. Any apps that did not would not be approved in their next updates.
The fact that the original Plants vs. Zombies has gone without an update for so long was a source of major frustration to many users with an iPhone 5. The long delay for iPhone 5 screen support probably had something to do with Popcap working on the Plants vs. Zombies sequel. Now that it's finished, it's likely that the company had time to update the original.
The original Plants vs. Zombies is available in 4-inch glory on the App Store for US$0.99.
The original Plants vs. Zombies -- one of the most popular iOS game of the last few years-- has finally received 4-inch screen support so...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Just in time for the holidays, iBooks Store adds the ability to send iBooks as gifts
- Just Sing It update polishes the best social karaoke app for singers, fans
- Evernote adds new premium features including business card scanning and presentation modes
- Dropbox updates to support PDF annotations and better integration with iWork
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff