Siri's voice, Susan Bennett
Atlanta's Susan Bennett has announced that hers is the original voice of Siri (though Apple won't confirm it). She has been doing voice work since the '70s and can be heard on GPS devices, automated phone systems and even the Delta airport terminals. But it was her gig as Siri's female voice that's added a bit of notoriety.
Bennett notes that she first heard her voice coming from an Apple iPhone when a friend contacted her and asked, "Isn't this you?" She didn't have a Siri-capable iPhone at the time, so she visited Apple.com to get her first listen.
She also notes that she and the recording team spent four hours a day recording Siri's voice, every day for a month straight. Back then, she didn't know where those particular recordings would end up.
Today, Susan says, "[Siri] and I are friends."
Also: Happy birthday Siri!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync