AT&T U-verse adds live TV streaming on iPad, iPhone to follow
AT&T has added live TV internet streaming to its U-verse iPad app. Now U-verse subscribers can stream 108 television channels when in their home and about 25 channels when outside of it. AT&T's move comes after several carriers began offering similar live streaming features.
In-home streaming include several Viacom channels, like MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon; NBC Universal channels like Syfy, E! and USA; and a host of sports and premium channels (but not ESPN). Additional channels include the Travel Channel, HGTV, Food Network, Showtime and Starz.
Right now live TV streaming is limited to the iPad, but AT&T has said iPhone support is coming on October 16. AT&T U-verse for iPad is a free download, but of course users must be paying subscribers to get access to all content.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter