AT&T U-verse adds live TV streaming on iPad, iPhone to follow
AT&T has added live TV internet streaming to its U-verse iPad app. Now U-verse subscribers can stream 108 television channels when in their home and about 25 channels when outside of it. AT&T's move comes after several carriers began offering similar live streaming features.
In-home streaming include several Viacom channels, like MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon; NBC Universal channels like Syfy, E! and USA; and a host of sports and premium channels (but not ESPN). Additional channels include the Travel Channel, HGTV, Food Network, Showtime and Starz.
Right now live TV streaming is limited to the iPad, but AT&T has said iPhone support is coming on October 16. AT&T U-verse for iPad is a free download, but of course users must be paying subscribers to get access to all content.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs