TechCrunch reviews 2013 iMac
Apple doesn't love us enough to send us devices for review, nor can we afford to purchase one of every new Mac that hits the market. Fortunately, our sister site TechCrunch was able to take a close look at the 2013 iMac and did a short-but-sweet review of the top features of Apple's all-in-one desktop machine.
Darrell Etherington notes that the 2013 model still uses last year's slimmer design, and that the 27-inch iMac is "no longer an absolute horror to move and reposition." He loves the Fusion Drive's ability to speed up boot times while still providing huge amounts of storage, but it's the performance of the new iMac -- outfitted with the 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 "Haswell" CPU and Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M -- that made him note that "this iMac isn't one that will back down to a gaming challenge."
The bottom line? "Apple still definitely makes the best all-in-one available."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync