TechCrunch reviews 2013 iMac
Apple doesn't love us enough to send us devices for review, nor can we afford to purchase one of every new Mac that hits the market. Fortunately, our sister site TechCrunch was able to take a close look at the 2013 iMac and did a short-but-sweet review of the top features of Apple's all-in-one desktop machine.
Darrell Etherington notes that the 2013 model still uses last year's slimmer design, and that the 27-inch iMac is "no longer an absolute horror to move and reposition." He loves the Fusion Drive's ability to speed up boot times while still providing huge amounts of storage, but it's the performance of the new iMac -- outfitted with the 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 "Haswell" CPU and Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M -- that made him note that "this iMac isn't one that will back down to a gaming challenge."
The bottom line? "Apple still definitely makes the best all-in-one available."
Apple doesn't love us enough to send us devices for review, nor can we afford to purchase one of every new Mac that hits the market....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update