The iPad mini has the fastest touchscreen of all the most popular tablets
App-streaming company Agawi is at it again. Just a few weeks after announcing that the iPhone 5 absolutely destroys the competition in terms of touchscreen responsiveness, Agawi returns with a similar benchmark survey for today's most popular tablets. The result? Well, once again Apple comes out on top, but it may surprise you to learn that the touchscreen on the iPad mini is in fact the overall winner, with just a 75-millisecond average response time.
The fourth-generation iPad came in second with an 81-millisecond average response time, followed (somewhat shockingly) by the NVIDIA Shield gaming handheld at 92 milliseconds. The rest of the list, in order, consisted of the Surface RT, Kindle Fire HD (2013), Nexus 7 and finally the Galaxy Tab 3. Of course, milliseconds rarely matter in everyday tablet usage, but when it comes to responsiveness, it's clear that Apple has the edge in both smartphones and tablets.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options