The iPad mini has the fastest touchscreen of all the most popular tablets
App-streaming company Agawi is at it again. Just a few weeks after announcing that the iPhone 5 absolutely destroys the competition in terms of touchscreen responsiveness, Agawi returns with a similar benchmark survey for today's most popular tablets. The result? Well, once again Apple comes out on top, but it may surprise you to learn that the touchscreen on the iPad mini is in fact the overall winner, with just a 75-millisecond average response time.
The fourth-generation iPad came in second with an 81-millisecond average response time, followed (somewhat shockingly) by the NVIDIA Shield gaming handheld at 92 milliseconds. The rest of the list, in order, consisted of the Surface RT, Kindle Fire HD (2013), Nexus 7 and finally the Galaxy Tab 3. Of course, milliseconds rarely matter in everyday tablet usage, but when it comes to responsiveness, it's clear that Apple has the edge in both smartphones and tablets.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter