Apple job listing seeks engineer with knowledge of China Mobile's proprietary network
Adding even more credence to a growing chorus of reports pointing to Apple striking an iPhone deal with China Mobile, Bloomberg today points us to a new Apple job listing seeking an engineer experienced with China Mobile's proprietary TD-LTE network. The job listing notes that the position will "support and drive the carrier approval of mobile phones."
The job posting seeks in-depth knowledge and experience with wireless systems including TD-LTE, which is the 4G standard used by China Mobile. Skills with WCDMA and CDMA, the technologies used by China Unicom and China Telecom, respectively, are also sought. "This role will be responsible for the overall management of the technical interface to all carriers in the Greater China region," Apple said in the ad.
China Mobile is the world's largest carrier with upwards of 700 million subscribers. To that end, reaching a deal with them would provide Apple with a tremendous opportunity to really create a noticeable uptick in iPhone sales.
Just recently, word emerged that in early September, Apple received a "network access license" to carry the iPhone on China Mobile.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options