Comcast and Twitter team up to offer streaming TV via new 'See It' feature
Comcast has cozied up to Twitter and the result is a new streaming-video feature called "See It," which will be embedded in select tweets. Comcast customers using the Xfinity service will be able to access streaming TV content straight from the social network, starting first with NBC content and presumably expanding in the future.
Here's how its primary function works: Certain Twitter accounts -- such as official accounts of TV shows or networks -- can embed a "See It" button in their tweets. Comcast Xfinity customers can click this button, sign in and watch the show or sporting event right from their tablet or smartphone. Additionally, customers will be able to set reminders or DVR recording schedules using the See It feature, though these functions weren't fully detailed in the company's announcement.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update