Comcast and Twitter team up to offer streaming TV via new 'See It' feature
Comcast has cozied up to Twitter and the result is a new streaming-video feature called "See It," which will be embedded in select tweets. Comcast customers using the Xfinity service will be able to access streaming TV content straight from the social network, starting first with NBC content and presumably expanding in the future.
Here's how its primary function works: Certain Twitter accounts -- such as official accounts of TV shows or networks -- can embed a "See It" button in their tweets. Comcast Xfinity customers can click this button, sign in and watch the show or sporting event right from their tablet or smartphone. Additionally, customers will be able to set reminders or DVR recording schedules using the See It feature, though these functions weren't fully detailed in the company's announcement.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter