Comcast and Twitter team up to offer streaming TV via new 'See It' feature
Comcast has cozied up to Twitter and the result is a new streaming-video feature called "See It," which will be embedded in select tweets. Comcast customers using the Xfinity service will be able to access streaming TV content straight from the social network, starting first with NBC content and presumably expanding in the future.
Here's how its primary function works: Certain Twitter accounts -- such as official accounts of TV shows or networks -- can embed a "See It" button in their tweets. Comcast Xfinity customers can click this button, sign in and watch the show or sporting event right from their tablet or smartphone. Additionally, customers will be able to set reminders or DVR recording schedules using the See It feature, though these functions weren't fully detailed in the company's announcement.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs