Final Fantasy VI headed to iOS, VII may not be far behind
Several classic Square Enix RPGs have already seen new life thanks to iOS ports, and now the company has confirmed to Kotaku that Final Fantasy VI will indeed get the same treatment. The game will be a modified version of the RPG that originally appeared for the SNES back in 1994. The game will be tweaked for touchscreen devices with a refined battle system and sharper graphics.
Square Enix director and producer Takashi Tokita also shed some light on the future of Square titles on mobile platforms. Now that Final Fantasy I through VI are taken care of, the next logical step would be to port the beloved PlayStation classic Final Fantasy VII to smartphones and tablets, but Tokita stopped short of making any promises, stating, "If this Legacy project works out well, we would like to one day be able to work with VII."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad