Foursquare rolls out real-time recommendations for some
Foursquare has begun rolling out real-time recommendations to some iPhone users. The recommendations will share tips with users when they arrive at a certain location. For example, a user could show up at a restaurant and have the Foursquare app share the most popular thing on the menu or highlight a deal on appetizers.
In a blog post announcing the news, Foursquare said:
Real-time recommendations // When you arrive someplace, we can tell you something great there (like the best thing to order, or a money-saving special). With this release, we're turning real-time recommendations on for a small batch of people who use Foursquare on their iPhone (and expanding to more every day). It's been live for some people on Android for a bit, and we can't wait to put it in everyone's hands.
In addition to real-time recommendations, the latest Foursquare update also adds a Right Now feature, which highlights what's happening in your area if you have some free time. The app also now offers "Friends at a glance," which shows you each friend's most recent check-in.
Foursquare notes that it's rolling out these new services slowly, and only a "few thousand" will have access initially. Foursquare for iPhone is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync