Foursquare rolls out real-time recommendations for some
Foursquare has begun rolling out real-time recommendations to some iPhone users. The recommendations will share tips with users when they arrive at a certain location. For example, a user could show up at a restaurant and have the Foursquare app share the most popular thing on the menu or highlight a deal on appetizers.
In a blog post announcing the news, Foursquare said:
Real-time recommendations // When you arrive someplace, we can tell you something great there (like the best thing to order, or a money-saving special). With this release, we're turning real-time recommendations on for a small batch of people who use Foursquare on their iPhone (and expanding to more every day). It's been live for some people on Android for a bit, and we can't wait to put it in everyone's hands.
In addition to real-time recommendations, the latest Foursquare update also adds a Right Now feature, which highlights what's happening in your area if you have some free time. The app also now offers "Friends at a glance," which shows you each friend's most recent check-in.
Foursquare notes that it's rolling out these new services slowly, and only a "few thousand" will have access initially. Foursquare for iPhone is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration