iOS 7 video tip: Associating Touch ID fingerprints with fingers
Today's iOS 7 video tip is for iPhone 5s owners who want to know more about Touch ID fingerprints. While the device simply stores fingerprints as "Fingerprint 1," "Fingerprint 2" and so on, you might want to know which finger corresponds to that title. We'll show you how, courtesy of the original written tip by Jeff Gamet of The Mac Observer.
You can then edit those titles so you know exactly what fingerprint data is stored in each file, or even delete a fingerprint from Touch ID.
As with all of our other video tips, this one can be set to full-screen for easier viewing.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter